Advanced surgical techniques and expertise
Whether you require tendon or muscle repair, spine surgery or total joint replacement, our board-certified orthopedic surgeons are able to perform even the most complex procedures. Yakima Regional’s orthopedic doctors and surgeons work collaboratively with pain management and rehabilitation specialists to ensure you receive comprehensive care to address your specific needs.
We use minimally invasive techniques whenever possible, including robotic surgery, and offer a full range of services, including:
- Foot and ankle procedures
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Knee and hip resurfacing
- Reconstructive surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Spine surgery, including discectomy, laminectomy, spinal fusion and vertebroplasty
- Total replacement of the hip, knee, shoulder and elbow
State-of-the-art robotic technology for knee replacement
Yakima Regional’s surgeons can perform MAKOplasty® partial knee replacement using the RIO® Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System. This innovative robotic surgical procedure offers a minimally invasive option for adults living with early to mid-stage osteoarthritis. During the surgery, the diseased portion of the knee is resurfaced, sparing the patient’s healthy bone and surrounding tissue. The digital tracking system constantly monitors and updates the patient’s anatomy and allows the surgeon to make real-time adjustments to optimize implant positioning and placement.
MAKOplasty® offers a number of benefits over traditional techniques, including:
- Optimal implant positioning that results in a more natural knee motion.
- Less pain, a shorter hospital stay and a quicker recovery.
- As a knee arthroplasty procedure, MAKOplasty is typically covered by most Medicare-approved and private health insurers.