High-quality care for nerve conditions
Nerves make up one of the body’s most complex systems, and Yakima Regional provides an advanced multidisciplinary team approach to deliver high-quality care. Nerve disorders can be caused by conditions such as tumors, illnesses, diseases or injuries, or exposure to cold, radiation or toxins.
Yakima Regional’s highly specialized doctors have the expertise and advanced technology to diagnose and treat a wide range of nerve conditions, including:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral and autonomic nerve disorders
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Ulnar nerve entrapment
Treatment for nerve conditions
Yakima Regional’s care team includes specialists from a range of disciplines to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care. Neurologists, physiatrists and other specialized clinicians utilize a variety of treatments to manage nerve conditions. Multidisciplinary approaches include:
- Closer management of underlying conditions that cause the nerve condition such as diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, autoimmune disorders or other conditions.
- Complementary techniques such as biofeedback, acupuncture and relaxation.
- Electrical nerve-stimulation techniques.
- Lifestyle changes such as dietary modifications, stress management or modification of activities.
- Medications to relieve pain and address other symptoms.
- Physical aids such as ergonomically designed chairs, keyboards and other equipment to reduce nerve pressure.